Sunday, May 29, 2011

MY SWEETIE Two Page Layout Paper Pieced Pink, Cream & Sweet


This is a double (two page) layout for a 12 x 12 album. I went with the theme "My Sweetie." I have hand drawn my little bear, paper pieced her together and have I created all of the embellishments and then a journaling card. 

There are 2 photo mats on the first page. The first photo mat has a white cloth eyelet trim at the top and the paper is patterned with pretty soft florals. It is also embossed, glossed & glittered. I've created layered and embossed (with a stylus) flowers, stamped flowers, the little bird carrying a heart. Then I have made a lined journaling card. There is a stamped embellishment that reads "You hold the key to my heart" and the little bear is holding the key. All embellishments on each page are lifted off the page using 3d adhesive foam. 




On the second page there are two photo mats with the same pretty paper, eyelet trim at the top of the second mat, and more hand stamped embellishments & layered flowers. I've added pretty borders to the top and bottom of each page. I've also added little 1 inch circles throughout the layout, hand aged on the edges and detailed with scrapbook paint. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend. We ended up going camping (the first time in my life) and I thought I would really DISLIKE it, but I ended up having a great time. However, I came home VERY tired. lol. I'm kinda vegging out today, browsing online catching up on blog posts that I really want to read but always seem to busy to. I'm currently the only one awake that's home. Of course, my son, had to go to his friends house :) (he's 9) and my daughter (who's also 9) is fast asleep and snoring in her bed (yes, I sent her down for a nap before she got too tired & mischievous)! ... Along with Dad (who's still in his chair! :) We did get rained out though. We woke up this morning at 5:15 am and figured when it stopped raining for a minute and the sky still looked threatening that it may be best to head home.  Well, here we are :) and it's 3:30pm. We're planning on doing it again soon. It was a great experience leaving the video games (and yes, my laptop) at home. Just for a little while :D

Happy Scrappin', Stampin' & Craftin'! 
Emily 

No comments: