Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shabby & Vintage Altered Box!

 First, I got out my sand paper and exacto knife. I had to strip down the box. It had this uglyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy print on it! lol. Which made it a great candidate for being revamped! :)
 When I finished stripping it down, this is what I was left with. Pretty ugly too, lol :)
 Finished! YAYE! This is the front view with you look at it.
 More of a top view angle of the box
 The flowers up close. That is a little mini vintage inspired framed Fairy print.
 Vintage jewelry findings
 Jewelry up close... can you imagine how gorgeous this necklace must have been forever ago?!
 Vintage rhinestones up close.
 When you open the box, you can see all the cute things that are permanent on the inside.
 I have sewn a lollipop style flower with a button in the center. All those pieces in the background are hand stained with my tea and coffee mixture. And another jewelry piece hanging from the flower.
 Side view of the box.
 You can see all the texture and distressing.
 I have a little purple showing to show "wear & tear." So very distressed.
 I have used spray glitter paint inside the drawers. They have been "roughed" up.

Well, this box has been alot of fun. I really hope you enjoyed looking at it and if you have any questions or comments, please leave me a little message. Have you done one? I'd love to have you share your link below also :) 
I have pictures on my FB page also... http://www.facebook.com/sweetlyscrapped
Hope you are having a great day!!! 
Emily :)

4 comments:

Pamela Scott said...

I love it you are so talented!!

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

Thank you. Did you notice I just had to add a touch of pink? The ticket stub, lol. I love pink :)

Pamela Scott said...

me too and yes I did notice I can spot pink a mile away!!!

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

LOL! That's funny :)