Monday, January 24, 2011

Scraps, Scraps, Scraps.... What to do?!

I hate to throw away anything. I will always look at my scraps and  wonder what I can do with them. Unfortunately, my table is usually covered with a project that I am already working on, so I end up tossing them. However, now, I decided to put a little bag that is tied to the leg of my table, and in that bag, I keep all my paper scraps. So, instead of throwing away that piece of paper that I could get 5 - 10 punches out of, I will stick it into that little grocery bag. I am sure you can find something cuter to use, but that is what I had closest to me :) This little bag accumulates quite quickly too. lol. So now, when I have a little downtime, or when I am watching television, I will grab a few punches, my bag and sit and punch a bunch and keep them all in a sandwich baggie. I am really surprised how many punches I get and how often I tap into that little bag too. I didn't think that I would, but I do. It also saves time later too, when you need a little heart, or a circle, because they're already punched. You'll be surprised how much you're actually throwing away once you keep your scraps and start doing this. I am kicking myself in the butt for not doing it earlier :)

No comments: